This one comes to you from Pennsylvania, a 1993 Chevy S10 belonging to John Manetti. What started out as an average peeling-paint truck that John bought was cleaned up and customized to look like a clean themed toy. Being a big fan of Deadpool, this truck is tastefully into what I would imagine Deadpool would drive to his crazy adventures.
Please leave comments if you have any questions about this truck and I will try to get you the answers from John.
You can also follow John on Instagram @johnmanetti
Check out the photos of what it looks like now.
1993 Chevrolet S10
I had an opportunity to interview John about his project and below is what he said.
- Q: What wheels does your truck have?
A: 15″ American Racing Solid Outlaw wheels, powered coated storm grey
- Q: What color is it? Is it a custom paint job? Do you have the color code(s)?
A: Matte black
- Q: What stereo system do you have installed?
A: Pioneer sound system and Pioneer speakers
- Q: Did you restore/replace/lsswap the engine/trans? If so, what do you have in it?
A: Restored and bolt on mods for the 2.8L (one day 5.3L)
- Q: What did you have to repair or improve on the stock truck?
A: Redid interior myself (included reupholstering) due to water leak
- Q: What did you customize or modify from stock?
A: Interior done myself with Deadpool accents, 2″ drop spindles, 2″ drop blocks, spring assisted rear shocks and girdle, roll pan, solid front bumper and Deadpool emblem, new coils and shocks on the front, ac delete, etc.
- Q: Why did you choose an S10? Is there a story?
A: Always loved the square body s10s and had to have one
- Q: When/how did you get your truck?
A: Got the truck almost 2 years ago, and just stumbled across it
- Q: How long have you been working on it?
A: Been working on it since the day I bought it, so almost 2 years now
- Q: What was your priorities in terms of what mods/improvements came first
A: Suspension, new clutch kit, and interior work
- Q: How did you choose the color
A: I have always loved matte black
- Q: How much money have you spent on your truck so far?
A: With the price of the truck I think I have around $1500 invested so far (most of the parts I got from a junkyard and refurbished myself)
- Q: If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?
A: I don’t think I would do anything differently from what I have done so far
- Q: What, if anything, are you planning to do to it in the future?
A: Going to fix the rust issues on the doors and rockers and get a nice flat black paint job over the winter
- Q: Are you thinking about doing another (non S10) project?
A: The only other project I have going on is fixing up my house (not car related but it’s a project haha)
- Q: Have you taken your truck to any shows?
A: This S10 hasn’t seen any car shows yet
- Q: Are you planning to be at a show in the near future? If so, which one/where
A: I plan on getting the rust fixed and a good paint job on it during the winter and taking it to shows once spring time rolls around
Note: The S10’s featured on this website are gathered from all over the Internet and are presented to you for your enjoyment.
Valik is the curator of these awesome little trucks on this website. He has been a fan of Chevy S10 Pickups since his high school years back in 1996. He has all kinds of plans and dreams for it but being a teenager with no money it was hard to customize the truck. Life continued, and now in his “mid-life crisis years” it is time to realize this dream. Valik started the process on getting an S10 and customizing it to what he always wanted. In the mean time, as he looks for the perfect donor as his donor truck waits for the summer to start work on it, he spends his available time looking at other people’s S10’s and making plans and doing research. All the inspiration he finds, he posts on his instagram @s10spotter, facebook @s10spotter and this website s10spotter.com.